[Lincoln LUG] Email Filtering

Kevin Hall kevin_hall at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 30 08:57:07 UTC 2020

Hi Folks

I hope you are all well.

At a secondary school somewhere in the UK, a teacher accidentally sent
an email to all the students. Students, being students, did Reply All
back. Some students chose to reply back with pornographic images and
have been reported to the police for distributing pornographic material
to minors.

I work in a primary school so have no experience of this as staff do not
email students and when we teach email, I have a linux box that just
sends emails internally on our network.

So my first thought was, surely there must be software out there that
will scan emails for this sort of thing as I assume every business would
check for this by default. Is this the case?

Regards

Kevin