[Lincs] Plea for Help

Tom Anderson lincs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 21 16:31:01 2003

Hi all,
I'm not so much a "newbie" more out of my depth.
Suse 8.1 was/is my installation of choice so far.
1 How do I write hyperlinks in kmail so readers just have to click the li=
nk?
Or is this not possible.
2 I have an updated version of Sane with drivers for my scanner, I finall=
y=20
installed them somewhere where YaSt can't find them, so the scanner is st=
ill=20
not working.Can I copy the opened tarballs to cd and use YaSt to install?
3 How do I get YaSt to install rpm packages downloads , it keeps asking f=
or=20
the disk.
4 Being on a Dacs line I need a download manager that will reconnect to=20
downloads when I get hit with the 2hour cutoff otherwise I get limited to=
=20
15Mbt downloads. I found what said it was the answer on download.com,but=20
again couldn't install it. Where am I not going right?

As you can see from the above, these are simple things that Windows users=
 take=20
for granted but at this time remain a mystery to me, as well as lots more=
=2E
Can anyone help please.
Tom