[Lincs] Event Flyer

Dave Pearson davep at davep.org
Sun Aug 8 21:25:16 BST 2004

* aimaz at ivixor.net <aimaz at ivixor.net> [2004-08-06 18:44:21 +0100]:

> > If they can get Gazza to play for Boston Utd... we can get RMS to turn
> > up to our meeting... or maybe not ;-)
>
> He did two hour long talks at my university there was a scheduled break
> between the two. But he didn't let anyone leave.
>
> "There's is a break but I don't want you all to run away so I'll just keep
> talking"
>
> is how one friend recounted it to me.
>
> thankfully I didn't go for some reason.

I saw RMS give a talk at Sheffield Uni back in 2001 or 2002 (I forget when
now). I've got to say that I found him to be a terrible public speaker. The
most annoying thing for me was the way he'd frequently start inspecting his
hair for split ends and, if he found one, the talking would drift off to
nothing while he attended to it.

It took some effort to not stand up and shout "hey, I've just spent two
hours on the road for this and I've got two hours to get yet, please pay
attention!".

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/