[Lincs] LaTeX

Peter Cooper peter at petercooper.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 14:24:15 GMT 2004

On 2 Dec 2004, at 13:58, Ben Francis wrote:
> I've been looking into TeX/LaTeX. Can anyone recommend a free (as in
> beer AND speech) editor which will work in GNU/Linux, Mac and Windows?

TeXShop is a nice basic TeX editor/frontend for OS X. It's the oldest
one around, but keeps things simple and uncluttered. The other bonus is
that it interacts with TeTeX, which tends to be the TeX implementation
found mostly on Linux. However, this editor is not, as far as I'm
aware, available for Linux. See:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html and
http://www.rna.nl/tex.html

iTeXMac is a lot more up to date, but I am not familiar with it. It
certainly looks good though. See: http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/

Can't help you directly with Linux or Windows, I'm afraid, as I don't
TeX in those environments, but anyway, welcome to the world of TeX! :-)

Pete