[Lincs] web based calendar with outlook synchronisation?

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 18:01:39 GMT 2004

Marc McGuinness wrote:
> Can anyone of you recommend any web based calendar which is able to
> synchronize with M$ Outlook and PDAs?

Not sure. Does Outlook support the iCalendar standard?

I can tell you plenty about other calendars which use the iCalendar
standard (Apple iCal, Mozilla Calendar, Evolution...) because I've spent
a lot of time researching them recently. Mozilla Calendar/Mozilla
Sunbird can run on Windows, Mac and Linux although it's still really in
beta. I've found the Firefox extension works the best at the moment.

These all allow you to publish to the web via webdav and display
calendars on the web using something like phpicalendar or webcal. I'm
sure there are compatible apps for PDA platforms as well!

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk