[Lincs] SuSe 9.1 Personal. My experiences so far.

Dennis Wilson dwwaverlea at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 13:31:32 BST 2004

Hello,
I'm new to Linux having got sick of Win XP. Bought SuSe because the ease of installation (according to the adverts).

First problem I encountered was it couldn't partition my drive because it was a Maxtor and had been set up using their
utilities. I had to reformat it using the low level? quick format Maxtor utility and then it installed.

I managed to get the printer/scanner (Epson CX3200) working and my Digital camera and card reader.

The one big problem I'm having is that I cannot get my broadband working, I think it's because I can't get the drivers to load.
The pci card is listed but no driver. I have read the instructions for installing the linux drivers and many HOWTOs, but just get lost.
I have no grounding in programming or linux.
I'm not even sure what it is classed as, on the box, MegaSpeed ADSL PCI Modem, is it (a) a modem (b) dsl (c) network or a
combination of all these?

It works in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated

Dennis Wilson