[Lincs] Reminder: IRC Meeting 20th July

Marc Mc Guinness marc at mcguinness.de
Tue Jul 20 16:48:44 BST 2004

Hello,

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk wrote the following on 20.07.2004 11:56:
> Hi all...
>
>>Plans for tomorrows meeting (8pm on #llug) are
>
> Unfortunately I've no internet access at home at present so will have to
> try to reply here and now ;-)

Okay.

>>- web site
>>Who is working on features for the web site at the moment? Which
>>features are missing? When can we make it the main page?
>
> Will gladly work on Graphics and any layout work needed.
>
> Stuff I am currently working on:
>
> Poster and Flyer for LLUG - which reminds me (what size do you want the
> posters to be - perhaps an A5 folded booklet/flyer for attendees
> (potential attendees once a itinerary for the day is sorted?

Yes, I agree. We have to get a schedule done.

I like the idea with the A5 folded flyer for attendees, but we also need
  A4 or A5 posters to put in our cars and shop windows. I would suggest
two versions:

- A5 folded with addional detailed information (schedule, llug)
- flashy A4 poster

We can discuss this on IRC tonight.

>>- RL meeting (any questions? any suggestions?)
>>We're still looking for speakers! We also need some more suggestions
> for
>>topics! What are you interested in? Networking? Security? Programming?
>>Multimedia? Office Work? Politics?
>
> While I already have commitments for the 11th Sep - I should be able to
> wrangle a couple of hours between 5pm and 7pm. I will gladly speak on
> any of the following:
>
> MS Windows to Linux migration for home and/or business users
> Multimedia and web design (GIMP, Quantra)

I personally, would be very interested in GIMP. We should vote for one
of your suggestions on IRC tonight.

Marc