[Lincs] Linux from Scratch

MD barodato at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 19:31:23 BST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:21:25 +0100, Iain Baker <iain.baker1 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I think you can concider yourself lucky since one of your neighbours recieved
> a direct hit and structural damage to their house...
>
> but 13 days is certainly a shocking display of strength! does it count as an
> 'act of god' or can you claim on insurance?

But surely the use of the phrase 'Act of God' suggests that you
subscribe to a monotheistic religion, being in the western world that
religion is most likely to be Christianity of some denomination or
other, and therefore you must believe that the same God created all
things, and therefore inherently that everything that happens in the
universe is therefore an act of God, so technically a policy which
won't pay up for 'Acts of God' will therefore not cover anything at
all.

Now I'll ask again, why don't any of you use surge protectors?
Especially in this county where the mains supply trace is about as
wibbly as a jelly suffering from parkinsons disease having an
epileptic fit on a high rpm washing machine.

--
Thanks,
-Matt Dancer <barodato at gmail dot com>