[Lincs] Query: Connecting the lg mf-pd300 MP3 Player

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 28 15:26:44 BST 2004

Hi there,

Here's a query I have concerning the LG MF-PD300 MP3 player. Since I
migrated over to Linux I have been unable to connect this MP3 player to
my PC to download tracks onto it. (The only software supplied with it
was MS Windows based) I have "googled" for info on connecting MP3
players to linux boxes but most of the information appears to be solely
aimed at the Apple iPod.

Some Info:

The player it self uses a simple USB connection

Data storage is a standard 32mb MMC (multimedia card) - you know the
"old" sort ;-)

I currently use SuSE 8.1 Office Desktop (Base configuration - straight
out of the box - no updated drivers or kernel)

KDE 3.1 I believe?

Does anyone know of a way I can connect/mount this MP3 player so that I
can move my MP3's from my HDD and onto the (pretty much defunct) device?

Thanks

Grahame