[Lincs] Another introduction post

Caitlin Ross wpsalt at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 24 21:49:46 BST 2004

Hello there,

I joined the LLUG list a couple of weeks ago, and was quite excited to
find that people have actually started posting to it.  My previous LUG
- Edinburgh - had a very active mailing list with maybe 20-30 posts per
day.

So, this is me.  I'm called Caitlin, I grew up near Grimsby, and I've
just moved back here because I don't have a job at the moment and I
wanted somewhere cheap to live.  I run Gentoo Linux on a rather elderly
AMD K6, which is really a bit too slow to run Gentoo.  Installs can be
very, very slow, but I get by; and when you do get everything
installed, Gentoo is a skinny little whippet compared to other
distributions.

I like the idea of having virtual LUG meets on IRC - I don't usually
have access to a car, so would have a lot of trouble making R/L meets.

--
Caitlin Ross
http://www.joannou.net/topofthestairs/