[Lincs] IRC Voting

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 16:01:29 BST 2004

Andy Davidson wrote:

> Why not just use irc.oftc.net ?  Lots of other lugs have channels on
> there, and it's the 'natural' home of lots of open source software
> channels, meaning it's simple for LLuggers to participate in lots of
> channels..?

I have to agree this would probably make more sense. I have asked and
can provide an IRC server using FFDesign.net's colocated LAMP server
free of charge but there would be no bots allowed on the channel if that
makes any difference to anyone and it's bound to cause them some admin
work. We could probably buy our own domain for about £7 for two years
and point it at the ffdesign server. Or, we can just use irc.oftc.net
which I think has 24/7 admins and already hosts other LUGs' channels for
free.

Why not start as we mean to go on and start some voting :P

Reply to add your votes and re-send the votes section to the list, feel
free to add any other options or comments. (I nearly wrote a PHP script
to do this but I don't think the number of votes we'll get will make it
worthwhile and I don't have the lincs lug web space details anyway!)

=====VOTING STARTS HERE=====

SERVER
ffdesign.net         0
oftc.net             1