[Lincs] New list member introduction

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:57:28 BST 2004

I work for the NHS at Pilgrim Hospital... no linux though, MS only. I
haven't heard of ANY local businesses that have even contemplated using
linux to be honest.

I use linux exclusively for home use and have done since I picked up an
early copy of Redhat in late 1998 early 1999 if I remember correctly
(the old memory is a little fuzzy!)

I currently waiting for my SuSE/Ximian technical eval kit (SuSE 9.1,
loads of Ximian goodies) to arrive so I can upgrade the OS on my box.
I'm looking forward to looking at GIMP 2 and the updated Scribus in
particular and seeing what the latest kernel adds. (I rarely build
new/upgraded applications from source - though I will do if something
particularly interests me)

Another question: What other distros do other list members use, anyone
tried SuSE 9.1 yet?