[Lincs] Moving over to SuSE

Lee Parker lee.parker at fsmail.net
Tue Nov 2 16:46:45 GMT 2004

Dear Lincs LUG,

Thanks ffor your help.  However, I am waiting for the release of SuSE 9.1 and i am going to install that instead.  However, I do have some more questions, so please be patient with me:

1)I am going to format my entire 250 Gb hard drive and use a third party utility to take the drive back to as near new as I can get.  It uses algorithms developed by the MoD to completely scrub the hard disk of data.  This will ensure no problems when installing Linux over a previous installation of Windows XP.  However, the software removews partition tables, master file tables and the registry.  Will I need a specific boot disk for SuSE or do I format my hard drive similar to DOS?

2)Is SuSE bootable from DVD?

Thanks

Lee

--