[Lincs] Archive is private from now on!

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 15 09:47:07 BST 2004

On 2004-09-15 08:59:42 +0100 Andy Davidson <andyd at lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Laughable.  Are you trying to claim that reply-to munging prevents
> people
> from replying privately altogether ?

No, I claim that it requires manual editing in reasonable mail clients.

> Pointing replies back to the list is the good and correct way to
> configure
> for such discussion.

That is what the List-Post header can do. For announcement lists, it
would generally direct replies to the owner or simply say "NO".

> I didn't see anyone else get asked their opinion.

That is not a consequence of speaking only for oneself. Equally, I
didn't see you ask anyone's opinion before your post.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep