[Lincs] sudo password

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 11:31:11 BST 2004

I'm using Remote Desktop software to send a unix shell command to
multiple computers on a network in order to delete a directory on the
hard disk in the same location on each machine. Something like:

    rm -dR /directory/subdirectory/

The command needs root access to run, I can't run the command as a root
user but the username I'm using does have sudo access to all the
machines with the same password for each. The problem is that I can only
send a command, I can't interact with a program once it's running. So
when I type:

    sudo rm -dR /directory/subdirectory/

the command is prompted for a password to give sudo access and I can't
type in the password.

Is there a way of sending the password along with the sudo command in
plain text to reply to the prompt for a password? I know that sounds
horribly insecure but this is a private network which can be isolated
from the Internet and security isn't much of an issue.

Just wondered if anyone could think of a solution.

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk