[Lincs] Journalling Wars: The Reiser Strikes Back

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 20 20:50:29 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 11:01 am, Marc Mc Guinness wrote:
> Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk wrote the following on 20.09.2004 11:51:
> > Ok,
> >
> > Just a straw poll... which file system do people use on their linux box?
> >
> > Myself: ReiserFS
>
> ext2
> ext3

I use ext2.  Keep promising to switch on journalling, so making it ext3, but
haven't go a round tuit yet -- want to commit a level 0 dump first!  Haven't
lost any data with ext2.

Also have a small FAT-16 partition with MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1.
Still use one prog on that very occasionally, but haven't wasted my money on
any of the more recent junk from Redmond.

Best regards,
Keith.