[Lincs] Let's do something (was: Ubuntu CDs)

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 19 08:50:54 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 9:53 pm, MD wrote:
> > just >> a head count.
> > >
> > Not sure if that really works to be honest, people are interested when
> > interesting things are going on and interesting things generally only
> > happen when people are interested in the group. I tend to direct my
> > emails to the other three LUG lists I read because they're more active.
> > I once heard a similar story about a chicken and an egg, or the number
> > 22 or something... So I guess rather than "Who's interested in doing
> > something" we should be going for "I'm doing this, feel free to join in".
>> > But anyway, I'm here and interested in what people have to say. *gives a
> > wave*
>
> I'm here. Count my head.

I'm here, and listening, too.  When I have something useful to contribute,
I'll speak up.  Like Ben, I tend to be more active on the lists associated
with the projects on which I work -- mainly groff, and occasionally MinGW (so
MS-Windows is *almost* bearable ;-) ).

> > I'm game for anything that's not to far North, my car doesn't like going
> > North.
>
> Bloody southerners. :)
>
> Actually, I'm not too keen on going much further north than Boston.
> I'm told there are dragons there that breathe fire and force you to
> accept misleading EULAs, and cause kittens to cry by making them watch
> upsetting films about the great depression.

Well, I haven't noticed any around Grimsby recently :-)

Seriously though, this is supposed to be the *Lincolnshire* LUG.  Boston is
way at the south of the (rather large) county, so a long way to travel, for
members living on the northern fringes.  IMO, a more central location, say
Lincoln, would be a fairer choice of meeting venue for the wider membership.

Cheers,
Keith.