Fwd: [Lincs] The google effect

iain baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:58:55 GMT 2005

MD wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:30:58 +0000, iain baker <iain.dbaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>MD wrote:
>

>>>Howsaboot making the tux logos animated gifs? :)
>>>

>>how would you have them animate?? what would you want tux to do? or
>>would it be a case of a differant animation for differant tux's (ref:
>>special events)
>

> Idunno, howsaboot having tux waving on a typical day? And perhaos have
> snow falling around him at Christmas, and have him scoffing chocolate
> eggs at easter and chugging Guinness on St Paddy's day?

i like it... yeah i like it a lot... who has a sugestion for an event
that should be celebrated in Tux
we have:
*Christmas
*New Year
*Easter
*St Valentines Day
*St Patricks Day
*St Georges Day
*Halloween

  He could even
> wave a placard wishing people happy birthday, or announcing the latest
> release of certain distros.
very friendly... very welcoming... a bit of extra work but could be
worth it!

> As Eddie Izzard says in those recycling ads, the possibilities are endless... :)
and you dont wanna argue with the great Eddie Izzard... or he'll set the
squirells onto you

> --
> Thanks,
> -Matt Dancer

i am sorry i have forgotten who did the original artwork... but to that
person- would you like to/be willing to take on the basics of the
grapics work? or would you allow/prefer someone else to do the work

on the basis that its quite a bit of work can we have volunteers??