[Lincs] Future plans

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 21:35:55 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of progess on my part...here's an update, and a
potted history for Tony!

Dave......

Marc McGuinness wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Sorry I haven't participated in any conversation recently. I've been
> very busy with my studies and work.
>
> I followed your discussions about various topics. As far as I know
> we've got 4 things to do:
>
> 1) Secure the wiki
> Who would like to work on the wiki? We had many ideas on how to secure
> the wiki. It's the volunteer's choice what will be implemented.

History..
We have a wiki on the LLUG website thats not secure and keeps getting
spammed!  we are looking at a resolution, and still no decision as yet.

> 2) Update the web page
> Who would like to update the web page?

History...
The website is a bit out of date through no-ones fault, its a time thingy!

I'll do it! A complete rebuild? should it include the wiki as an
integral part?

> 3) Work on the LLUG Linux distro
> @Dave: What happened about your Linux distro work? What do you need to
> continue?

History..
We decided to create our own linux liveCD for demonstration purposes and
to install to our hard drives if we fancied.

Oh yes, my bit  ;)   Haven't looked at it in the past couple of weeks,
but knoppix 4.0.2 CD version looks fine for a remaster.
No prob in that but we still need to get a Lincs look'n'feel.  Looking
for a KDE theme that suits our needs.

> 4) Plan a real life meeting
> As I'm not in England at the moment, it's quite difficult for me to
> arrange a meeting. Who could work on a meeting in the southern part of
> the county?
> @Iain: What about your plans for a meeting in Lincoln?

History...
We've only had 1 meeting in real life so far.  We need another!  But
getting a suitable venue had been the problem due to the spread out
nature of the group.  I think we settled on Lincoln for the next one,
but no dates as yet.