[Lincs] Future plans

Marc McGuinness marc at mcguinness.de
Tue Nov 15 00:13:40 GMT 2005

Hello Dave,

Dave Rice wrote the following on 14.11.2005 22:32:
>> 2) Update the web page
>> Who would like to update the web page?
>
> History...
> The website is a bit out of date through no-ones fault, its a time thingy!
>
> I'll do it! A complete rebuild? should it include the wiki as an
> integral part?

Great to find a volunteer! ;-)

What do you mean with "complete rebuild"? Do you have any ideas which
parts you'd like to change? I'd like to see the current page improve,
but keep the features and the design. The updated page should include a
wiki, but it would be a major change to build the whole page on a wiki.

I wasn't talking about great changes in structure.
I was just thinking of
- checking all the links, if they're still up-to-date
- removing all the irc stuff, as there are no irc meetings anymore
- developing a member login for updating the profiles
- writing some news
- adding some more linux links

To be honest, I'm really pleased with the features we've got at the moment:
- news system
- member locations
- member profiles
- contact form
- weather forecast

I also think our current page is easy to use and offers more features
and information than most of the others LUG web pages. Instead of
building a new page again we should direct our effort in improving the
current page. What do the others think? Which changes do we need?

Bye,

Marc