[Lincs] laptop os

iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:12:12 BST 2006

hi guys,
i have just ought a HP Pavilion dv5000 series Laptop with wireless
networking... does anyone know a distro that has worked with this
laptop and had the wireless card active?

i have tried a couple of live cd's that have driven the laptop, but
doesnt appear to like the wireless card...

anyone with experience in this minefield would be very appreciated...

thanks old beans!

iain

p.s. my detachment is coming to an end - so my available time will
soon increase... so i should be able to look into sorting a real
meeting to try and get our own distro sorted!

how is the Lincs LUG Live Linux Distro coming??