[Lincs] Revisiting the topic of meeting

Peter Murray peterjmurray at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:44:55 BST 2007

We seem to have been batting about trying to organise a meeting for quite
some time.

I am a member of the British Computer Society Lincolnshire Branch, and we
are putting together the programme for the coming year. We generally hold
meetings on weekday evenings at the Lincoln Uni. Brayford Campus.

A joint meeting between the Branch and the LLUG has been suggested - might
get enough of us together to then be able to kick-start a next meeting??

While the branch has several devotees of free/libre and open source
software, one suggestion was a practically-focused meeting on installing
GNU/Linux for the many who don't have much idea about it. The Branch Chair
also has Ubuntu CDs she can give out, and can probably get some other
distros burned.

Do we want to pursue this? If so, anyone like to suggest some dates that I
can put to the BCS people?

Cheers, Peter Murray

--
Dr Peter J. Murray - from Google GMail account