[Lincs] Retail Centre

carl Inglis carl at yoshiwara.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 13:45:35 UTC 2008

Very quick reply...

Don't know anyone in Lincs. Not sure there's a market. The general user
(Joe Six-Pack) isn't going to know the difference, but when he buys a PC
and he can't run the latest Internet Explorer, or MSN, or whatever other
mass-media flavour-of-the-week he wants, he's going to grumble.

I'm not convinced Linux is ready for the consumer market. Linux on the
desktop, in a business sense, yes (providing the IT department can cope);
Linux on servers, hell yeah. But Linux on consumer desktops?

I really don't think so.

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm is an interesting link with slight
relevance to your question. :-)

I wish you the best with your future once you hit the dole queue.

Regards,

Carl