[Lincs] Retail Centre

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 15 22:20:00 UTC 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 19:33, Chris Adams wrote:
> Yes i'm sorry,

Well, that's something, if it's sincere.

> i thought some people would appreciate th ongoing joke
> of lincolnshire being the armpit of the world.

It isn't, and to suggest so isn't remotely humorous; (and FWIW, I am not
an indigenous native of Lincolnshire, nor even of England).

Strange that you consider it acceptable for you to insult the entire
population of a county, yet you apparently resent it when the tables
are turned.

> But honestly, picking up on spelling what are you 12 !

Hardly, with 30 years experience as a professional engineer, developing
and deploying control system software for the petroleum industry.

> (also english is my 5th language)

Yet you live in a country, and write to a population on a list where
English is the *first* language; all the more reason for you to take
extra care to get it right.  Spelling and correct use of language *are*
important; they are the fabric, and the currency of social intercourse.
It is a sad indictment on the state of modern society, that anyone
would denigrate their importance, as you seem to.

> Remember im the one writing your little lincs lug distro thing

Am I supposed to be impressed, or something?  It isn't *my* little
`Lincs LUG Distro' thing; indeed, it is most unlikely that I would ever
even consider using it.

I've never felt any great need to brag about my own modest contributions
to free and open source software; I am satisfied in the knowledge that
I *have* contributed code, which will benefit a much wider population
than your little vapourware `distro thing' ever will.

There, I've had my rant.  If the Lincs LUG wishes to portray itself as
an insolent and illiterate rabble, then there is nothing for me here.

Goodbye,
Keith.