[Lincs] Retail Centre

Mick m.t.barnes at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 17 01:54:43 UTC 2008

Please remove me from this mailing list
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Knowles
  To: Lincolnshire Linux User Group
  Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 12:50 AM
  Subject: Re: [Lincs] Retail Centre

  I am subscribed to numerous mailing lists and my primary concern was how a poorly placed quip has exploded into such a public and quite frankly embarrassing charade. If you are unable to rise above such small comments, then perhaps you should refrain from using public mailing lists. This is the internet, like it or not you have no control over someone actions, how they present their opinions or even if they concede to your demands and apologise, however, being abrasive isn't going to rectify it.

  2008/11/16 Keith Marshall <keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com>

    On Saturday 15 November 2008 22:36:01 Thomas Knowles wrote:
    > Can we end this now please?

    We can, now that Chris has offered an unconditional apology.

    > You are all aware that you can Google these mailing lists right?

    > If you want to argue, please do it privately, ...

    No, that would be entirely inappropriate.  It is precisely because the
    list is publicly archived, that rebuttal and ultimate apology for an
    offensive posting must be equally public.  If you don't understand
    that, then perhaps you should refrain from using public mailing
    lists.

    Regards,

    Keith.

  Thomas Knowles