[Lincs] Petition

Chris Adams chrisa100 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:30:49 UTC 2009

I entirely agree. Our school saved loads of money by setting up loads of
linux thin clients... It didnt go down well because of the word processing
applications. 2 years later there all on windows. People dont like change,
and wont give it a chance... Mainly because its free. They will happily
learn how to use a mac if they had the opurtunity because of the "coolness"
factor. I doubt this would come to anything, but it would save the schools
1000's of pounds

2009/2/25 Iain Baker <iain.dbaker at gmail.com>

> hi all
> the guys at lug.org.uk have made me aware of this petition and i
> thought i would pass the knowledge on to you
>
> http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/nonMSschools/
>
> It is a petition to take microsoft out of state schools and replace it
> with FOSS alternatives
>
> enjoy

A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.