[Lincs] BBC Radio Lincolnshire

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon May 25 14:17:44 UTC 2009

Iain Baker wrote:
> I have been asked to go on BBC Radio Lincolnshire tonight at 6:30 to
> talk about Linux as an alternative to Windows...
>
> I hope i sound knowledgable enough to promote Linux to the
> Lincolnshire community, but i was wondering if anyone had anything
> they would particularly like me to get accross in the interview?
>
> Ricey -

The best of luck.  The only thing that I would add, is that Linux is an
alternative to Windows, not a replacement.  Linux is used
professionally, gimp in Hollywood film studios, as a data server like
Google, by IBM for big systems; if users need to move away from toy
systems and playing games, then Linux may be the thing for them.

  Chris Lingard