[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 22:04:48 UTC 2011

Hi Becky, All,

Ah, there's life in the old LLUG! :)

I've been around for many a year and although the lug has been quiet there
have been a few stalwarts hanging around. Me, Iain and a few more.
Iain is around somewhere, haven't seen him in a while apart from his
twitter.

I've been looking after the website - the lug.org.uk domain has issues which
we couldn't get fixed. I know Iain tried hard, but in the end we decided on
using a different method.  The site itself is a google site (for stability)
and the forum is hosted on my hosting server.

Becky, if you would like write access to the site then please mail me your
gmail address, privately, and I'll add you to the access list. Same if you
would like to be a forum mod also.

I think one of the reasons that the lug has never really got off the ground
is because we are all located disparately around the county. From Skegness
to Grantham and everywhere in between. Not a bad thing by any stretch, just
lots of travelling for some people for meets.  There was one a year or so
ago and was quite successful if I recall. Wasn't there myself as I was
deployed out of area (As I am now! In the States for 3 months)

But all that aside, I would love to see a flourishing LLUG and my continued
support is without question.

I'm happy to keep the website running and updating the look 'n' feel if it's
deemed we need a change - I love change! But yes, it needs more frequent
updates to the content, but there lies the catch 22 situation. If we're not
doing anything there's nothing to post ;)

So, let's get our heads together and come up with a plan of stuff to do!

The IRC channel should still be there so maybe that's a place to start off
the conversation?

Cheers

Ricey