[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Thu Aug 18 00:05:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Chris Hayes <cbhworld at gmail.com> wrote:

> No problem, I tend to lurk on the local LUG mailing lists in case of
> anything exciting -- like this.
>
> It certainly would be nice to meet up, although I must warn, despite
> Newark LUG still being what I consider to be my home LUG, I'm mostly
> found in Portsmouth these days. I try schedule visits "home" so that
> I'm able to attend at least some of the LUG meets, though :)
>
> On the topic of inter-LUG relations; I'd always hoped that the LUGs in
> this area (Notts, Newark, Mansfield and Lincs) would be able to find
> some way of working together that would provide a richer community
> experience. I'm not quite sure how, but it's certainly worth bearing
> in mind if anyone has any large LUG-related plan or event that they've
> conceived.
>
> More pragmatically, I had an idea a while ago that each LUG might want
> to publish an iCal of it's own events; that way closely neighbouring
> LUGs could aggregate those feeds into their own upcoming events,
> publishing them on their website. Does anyone think it'd be a useful
> thing?
>
> Tangents aside, I'm glad that things seem to be going well for Lincs LUG.
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris Hayes

Hi Chris

Glad that I could increase your excitement for all things Linux!  Give
my regards to Pompey - I am a Hampshire girl, born and bred!  I love
your idea of an iCal - something for me to take forward if/when I take
over as LUG master/mistress of the new Lincs LUG.  I've certainly
increased the mailing list traffic more in the last 24 hours than has
been in the last year!  Exciting times indeed :)

Becky