[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Janet Simpson janet at dragonhold.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 18:40:30 UTC 2011

Becky wrote:
You say that members location has hampered the previous LLUG from
flourishing or meeting - I disagree.  I am not too sure why the
current LLUG administration have not been doing more to promote their
LUG but I am more than capable, qualified and extremely enthusiastic
to make a change for the better and to promote the new Lincs LUG
positively.  I do not pretend to talk for potential LUG members from
any of the towns you mention, but I think there is scope make this new
Lincs LUG as inclusive as possible, and not just restricted to Lincoln
only members.

Hi Becky,

Thank you for your enthusiasm.  I do believe the geography of
Lincolnshire, does hamper county wide groups.  However, I am involved
with a charity, which maintains a community online.  This online group
allows members to provide information of gatherings in the county.

So, initially it started with regular meetings in Lincoln and
Cleethorpes, but now has meetings in Lincoln, Cleethorpes, Grimsby and
Boston.

This summer they went on tour and met all over the county.  It is
possible with this charity as visiting places of historical interest
fits with everyone aims.

So I hope it all goes well, but I also hope that it doesn't become
Lincolnshire LUG, but only attended by people in and around Lincoln.  I
am not sure how 'not just restricted to Lincoln only members' works.

I think it might be more helpful to think about chopping the county into
areas, different branches who occasionally meet up together and have the
county wide online list.

Regards

Janet

Q. Why is top posting bad?

/Proud to be using Linux April 2005/

/Fedora Core 2 04/05: Suse 10.0 03/06/

/Suse 10.2 08/07: Suse 11.1, multiboot 07/09/