[Lincs] Lincs LUG Restart

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 20:27:08 UTC 2014

Dear LUG Members,

You may have seen already on the social medias, but Iain and I have chosen
to give the LUG a bit of a restart.

As we know the Lincs LUG faded away a little and hasn't done a huge amount
over the past couple of years.

Our colleagues in Lincoln started the very successful Lincoln LUG as that
is where the centre of population lies.

I amongst other ran out of time and steam due to real world events and the
Lincs LUG faded.

Now I and Iain have some time to devote to getting the LUG restarted and we
ask for your help.

We had a think and decided that an online LUG covering all of the country
to be a good idea - bringing people, virtually, together from all corners
of Lincolnshire.
Helping each other out and promoting Linux use - especially with the demise
of Win XP.

I have already been contacted by the new magazine 'Linux Voice' for an
article talking about Lincolnshire and the LUG.

What we need to do firstly is to spread the word that the LUG is alive and
kicking and get users onto the new facebook page and especially the new
website:

http://lincslug.org.uk
facebook.com/lincslug

We can use these tools as a focal point for LUG activities, we may even,
one day, get a real life meet. Hopefully meeting up with the local LUGs for
a big meet.

Could I therefore, humbly, ask that you sign up to the new site and like
the FB page and make some introductory posts.

Let's get together and make Lincolnshire an FOSS 'hotspot' and have fun
doing it!

Best wishes,

Dave