[linuxjobs] FW: Sysadmin, London

Alasdair G Kergon agk at lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 17:31:25 UTC 2004

[Via GLLUG]

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/personnel_jobs/UsrJobView.asp?Position=Principal%20Systems%20Development%20Officer%20-%20UNIX&VRN=50001756

37,167 - 40,454, including LW

The University of Westminster require a lead Unix development officer to
lead, develop and support their Unix and Linux environments. You will
work with 3 internal Unix Administrators to support our 25+ Solaris and
SuSE Linux servers. In addition to the core infrastructure you will
support Oracle RDBMS, CPU farm and our new SuSE Open Exchange email
platforms. You will be responsible for leading and developing our
Solaris and Linux based services for the University Corporate
Applications.

We are looking for a candidate with at least four years’ experience
in managing complex Unix or Linux environments. You will be comfortable
influencing and negotiating outcomes and will work closely with other
teams to integrate and support our administration and teaching
applications.