[linuxjobs] [matt.robinson at appliansys.com: [SB] Linux Job in Coventry (Support Engineer)]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 16 21:51:28 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from Matt Robinson <matt.robinson at appliansys.com> -----

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:55:30 +0100
From: Matt Robinson <matt.robinson at appliansys.com>
To: sb at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [SB] Linux Job in Coventry (Support Engineer)

Hi,

I hope nobody minds relevant job ads being posted on the LUG, but... ;)

The company I work for has a Linux job going in Coventry and we've had
little joy in finding suitable candidates. It's crucial that we find a
good candidate and I was hoping that either a SBLUG member or someone
you know might be interested in applying.

For a detailed description, information about our company and for
contact details for further information/application please check here:

http://www.appliansys.com/company/company_10a.shtml

For a brief overview, please keep reading below.

Best regards,

Matthew Robinson
Senior Technical Officer
ApplianSys Ltd
(d) +44 (0)2476 430 091
(m) +44 (0)7980 805 418
(e) matt.robinson at appliansys.com

Job Title: Support Engineer

Company: ApplianSys is a dynamic young company that designs and
manufactures Linux-based server appliances.  It has achieved Investors
In People accreditation and demonstrably treats its people as its major
asset.  The company has a "work hard, play hard culture" and a proven
track record of rewarding people for outstanding performance with rapid
progression and salary growth.

Brief Description:
The Support Engineer position broadly entails:

* Pre-sales technical support - becoming fluent technically in one or
more of our product families, then supporting our sales team with
answers to technical questions

* Post-sales technical support - some combination of first, second and
third-line service depending on skill-set

* Hardware Production (assembly and final testing of some products),
assisting with Product Development (eg testing) and internal IT
operations.

* Fault analysis / QA - find and fix faults in hardware/software
systems, depending on experience

Ideally, you will be:

* Fluent in Linux or other Unix-like OS

* Familiar with networking and internet infrastructure technologies
(e.g. open-source applications - Apache, BIND, Samba, Jabber, MTAs, etc)

* Experienced in web development (Perl, Java, PHP, Python, Javascript)
and software development/debugging all useful