[linuxjobs] [simon at slimey.org: 2 people needed at IPTV company]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 3 13:14:58 UTC 2006

>From another list..

----- Forwarded message from Simon Lockhart <simon at slimey.org> -----

Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:25:23 +0000
From: Simon Lockhart <simon at slimey.org>
Subject: 2 people needed at IPTV company
Cc: recruitment at inuknetworks.com

Inuk Networks is looking for two people to join us as soon as possible. Inuk
Networks is developing a wholesale IPTV service to be delivered initially to
students in university accomodation, with an initial launch planned for May
2006. Inuk Networks is headquartered in Abercynon, South Wales, with a
technology office located on the Slough Trading Estate.

1) Website / Graphic designer

We're looking for someone to join us to develop our website (both B2B and
consumer focussed), and also the user interface for our IPTV service (both
PC Client and Set top box). We would be prepared to base this job in either
South Wales or Slough. Ideally looking for a permanent employee, but would
consider an initial 3 month contract.

Required:
	- Experience designing and building corporate websites
	- Experience of graphic design, particularly corporate brand and logos.
	- Experience of HTML and Javascript

Desirable:
	- Experience of set-top-box user interface design
	- Experience of Macromedia flash

Nice to have:
	- Experience of interactive web programming using CGI / Perl.

2) Unix admin / Perl programmer / Network person / general technical bod

We're looking for someone to assist me with the development and deployment of
our phase one IPTV infrastructure. Your work will include things like:

	- Lab testing and setup of customer demos
	- Development (Apache/Perl/MySql/Javascript) of IPTV middleware
	- Evaluation of other middleware solutions
	- General office IT admin (including Linux/Windows XP admin)
	- Assisting customers with enabling their networks to support the IPTV
	  service (particularly multicast)
	- Installation and commisioning of IPTV Headend

We are looking for an initial 3 month contract, with the opportunity to extend
the contract or become permanent. This job will be located in Slough.

Your skills/experience should include:

Required:
	- Unix systems administration (Solaris and Linux)
	- Network administration (Cisco, TCP/IP, Multicast)
	- Programming (Perl, C, Javascript, Shell script)
	- Hardware installation and maintenance
	- Experience of groupware systems (esp. Open-Xchange, LDAP, IMAP, etc)

Desirable:
	- Audio and Video experience in a broadcast environment
	- Experience of IPTV (esp. middleware systems)
	- Experience of VoIP (SIP, Asterisk)

Nice to have:
	- Web design / HTML coding
	- MPEG-4/H.264 experience

For both of these roles, the ability to start immediately will be extremely
beneficial. If you are interested, please send a CV (plain text, HTML or PDF)
and an indication of your current and desired salary or contract rates to
recruitment at inuknetworks.com

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart      | Tel: +44 (0)7789 913304              | Si fractum
Technology Manager  | Fax: +44 (0)870 909 2001             | non sit, noli

----- End forwarded message -----