[linuxjobs] Job (Hemel)

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 15:55:21 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from Tushar Joshi <tjoshi at lonix.org.uk> -----

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:12:45 GMT
From: Tushar Joshi <tjoshi at lonix.org.uk>
To: Lonix General <general at lists.lonix.org.uk>
Subject: [Lonix] Job

Name : Iain Flinn
Comments : Hello,

I am not sure whether or not your organisation supports individuals who are looking for Linux employment, if you are I currently have a position based in Hemel Hempstead (granted this isn't London, but it's close enough). If you do, could you please pass this position on to your community.....

My client, a top IT Services company is currently looking for a Unix / Linux Systems Administrator to provide a broad range of project (implementation, disaster recovery, upgrade, deployment etc) and support/maintenance services to a number of clients in the private and public sectors.  This is a cutting edge, managed IT outsourcing environment and you must therefore have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to think on your feet and solve complex technical problems in a timely manner.

To be considered for this role, suitable candidates will have demonstrable experience of Linux (ideally SuSe Linux) and a good knowledge of other UNIX flavours such as HP-UX (on Itanium), AIX and Sun Solaris.  You will also have a broad understanding of backup technologies (i.e. Veritas Netbackup) and management systems. For more senior candidates it is expected that you will have good exposure to high availability / clustered server environments.

If anyone is interested, I can be contacted on 0845 222 0077.

Many thanks for your time and apologies if this isn't something you support.

You are subscribed to a lonix mailling list. To escape please visit http://www.lonix.org.uk