[linuxjobs] Intern System Administration position - Red Hat, Farnborough

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Aug 9 11:40:46 UTC 2007

Hello

Red Hat are recruiting for a junior system administrator, based in our
Farnborough office.

The details are:
https://redhat.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=2598
(I think our HR department is a bit slow on the realisation that we moved
from Guildford a few months ago ;-) )

This intern position is initially for 6 months and would suit a
person who has recently graduated and is enthusiastic about managing Linux
servers in a corporate environment.

We have some specific projects in mind that we're going to be working on:

 - consolidating our office server footprint by using virtualisation
   with RHEL5
 - updating our configuration management system to work with RHEL5
 - a 'catalog' of services that we can provide to internal departments
 - we're also opening a new, and moving an existing office, which you
   may be involved with

And you'd also be working on regular 'tickets' which will help to
integrate you into the group and understand how we work and expose
you to the servers.

In Farnborough we have myself (sys admin), a telephony guy, the Help
Desk manager and 2 help desk guys.  Chiefly you'd be working with me,
but there would probably be a few times (very rarely!) when you would be
asked to do some help desk work if the HD are really busy.  Or if you were
interetsed in working on RHEL desktop issues, you could choose to spend
some time with them.

The salary for this is approx 1000ukp/month.

If you have any queries, please email me - swinter at redhat.com

Cheers
Stuart