[linuxjobs] [ilkka.martikainen at mioteq.com: [Surrey] Job opportunity with a handheld developer - Mioteq] [Guildford]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 01:57:44 UTC 2007

----- Forwarded message from Ilkka Martikainen <ilkka.martikainen at mioteq.com> -----

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:26:44 +0000
From: Ilkka Martikainen <ilkka.martikainen at mioteq.com>
To: General Linux/Unix community List <surrey at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [Surrey] Job opportunity with a handheld developer - Mioteq

Hello everyone,

Thanks again for the opportunity give a presentation on Saturday in such
a short notice!

To summarize the opportunity:

Mioteq Ltd. is a VC-funded start-up company based in Surrey Research
Park, Guildford. We are developing a handheld device (as seen on
Saturday!) for _mobile broadband_ networks. Not 3G, not wifi, but truly
mobile, truly broadband, ubiquitous, all-IP, low latency etc. You can
find more information about these technologies by googling Flash-OFDM,
TD-CDMA or Mobile Wimax 802.16e. First commercial networks are already
up and running and  in 10 years time there will be coverage just about
everywhere. Our product is a handheld device, running Linux on ARM9
processor. Applications include VoIP-client (SIP), web browser, IM,
email, media player. etc. with a unique patent-pending touchpad-based
UI. Many of the applications are built using open source components.

We are looking for passionate open source/Linux enthusiast to work in a
very broad role covering all SW-related issues for the company. It is
envisaged that the job description will evolve greatly over time, but
initially the areas of responsibility include the following:

1. To manage/collaborate with our contracted software development
partner overseas and ensure the company's requirements are met
(including project management, quality assurance etc.).
2. To manage/collaborate with 3rd party applicaton developers in both
technical and commercial issues.
3. Start the work towards publishing the platform to OS developers by
specifying the effort required to make it happen... It will include at
least developing SDK, creating a website to publish it and ongoing
management/administration of all and any OS developing activities etc.
etc. as mentioned, first thing is to specify what needs to be done!

There are no handheld devices supporting these mobile broadband
technologies on the market yet so this is an opportunity to join a
growing, truly pioneering company. The role will initially be contract
based with a view to become permanent.

If you are interested, then please send us your CV detailing your skills
and experience relevant to the role and a covering letter.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information and please
spread the word if you think someone you know might be interested.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Ilkka Martikainen
Managing Director

Mioteq Ltd
Surrey Technology Centre
40 Occam Road
The Surrey Research Park
Guildford, Surrey
GU2 7YG, UK
Telephone: +44 (0) 1483 688 120
Mobile: +44 (0) 7737 628 963
Fax: +44 (0) 1483 433 318
Email:ilkka.martikainen at mioteq.com
www.mioteq.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This communication and any attachments are intended for the personal and
confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This
communication and attachments are intended for the recipient only. If
the reader of this message is not an intended recipient(s) or agent of
the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error, and that any use, review, distribution,
or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
immediately by replying to sender and deleting all copies of the
communication and attachments. Although this E-mail and attachments are
believed to be virus and defect free, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that the same are virus and defect free. The sender
disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use
of this communication or attachment. Thank you.