[linuxjobs] [ADMIN] Postings from recruitment agencies?

Tony Whitmore tony at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 15:19:06 UTC 2007

Michiel P.H. van Wessem wrote:
> On Saturday 16 June 2007 14:35:08 Andy Smith wrote:
>> Hi, a straw poll please..
>>
>> Q. Are postings from recruitment agencies acceptable on this list?
>>
> My gut reaction is going to be no. Considering that most recruitment agencies
> are either a) Clueless b) Very Royal with the truth (if truth is an accurate
> description)

Practically, that could apply to any job on this list. I wouldn't mind
postings from agencies as long as each job was only advertised once (and
not duplicated by other agencies / individuals). Perhaps agencies could
be asked to only send a weekly e-mail out and then to restrict to
relevant jobs only (i.e. where specific skills are mentioned.)

Tony