[linuxjobs] [ADMIN] Postings from recruitment agencies?

Andrew Suffield asuffield at suffields.me.uk
Sat Jun 16 17:28:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 03:18:53PM +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 13:35 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hi, a straw poll please..
> >
> > Q. Are postings from recruitment agencies acceptable on this list?
>
> If there are on topic and are for specific roles and not just the CV
> blagging runs that some agencies do,

I can't imagine how you'd tell the difference (particularly since the
majority of job postings on free forums from recruitment agencies are
fakes, even if the number of agencies doing this is relatively small -
it's a variation of the spam problem).

If they're allowed, it should be under a very strict set of rules (no
"I must have your CV as a word document", no "10 years .net
experience", or any other nonsense like that) with a zero-tolerance
policy on people who turn out to be liars. There's no reason why
agencies should be treated equally with direct postings - a company in
the business of recruitment should be held to a much higher standard.