[linuxjobs] Technical Manager Central London

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Wed Apr 30 18:42:41 UTC 2008

The Campbell-Lange Workshop provides Outsourced IT services to design
companies (such as architects and urban designers). We seek a Technical
Manager to help improve our system administration, server-based services
and R&D aspects to help scale our business.

Our services stack comprises of managed networks, server services
(mainly Debian-based), desktop support and management of these aspects.
These services are aligned as far as possible with the operational
imperatives of our clients. In other words, we need to understand what
makes design companies tick.

Part of the role will be managing and liaising with Technical Officers
who will be doing the majority of support work, although some support
work will be required on occasion. Experience of managing people and
running servers very reliably is crucial.

Our in-house style includes Wrap boards, vim, postgresql, dovecot,
Debian-testing, etherdrives, LPI exams and python. However we're open to
all sorts who have a sense of purpose, the ability to assimilate new
things fast, and who can survive our Boot Camp process of testing and
immersion in the on-site support environment at our clients.

More information can be found at http://campbell-lange.net

We believe in investing in training and most of us do 10% Google Time to
work on personal projects. Salary above 28K.

Please apply online at http://campbell-lange.net/jobs/. No agencies
please.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange