[linuxjobs] 2 x SENIOR / LEAD PHP WEB DEVELOPER ROLES

Tom Jordan tom at acknowledgement.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 18:26:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

Acknowledgement is a digital creative agency based in Central London (well, just between Spitalfields Market and Brick Lane).

http://www.acknowledgement.co.uk

We've got an opportunity for a full time permanent senior / lead PHP developer to help look after our small (but perfectly formed) technical team and maintain our high standards of technical output, working on brands such as AOL, Sony, Avis and MTV.

You will help build front-end and back-end solutions for our clients, leading development on small and large projects.

You should have a genuine passion for web development and have strong, demonstrable experience in hand-built XHTML, CSS, MVC PHP and SQL. You must be a self-starter, confident, have great communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.

We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package: up to 28 days paid holiday depending on length of service + bank holidays, fully comprehensive health insurance, the day off on your birthday, free breakfast every morning with smoothies every Monday, early finish on Fridays, travel insurance and tax free season ticket loan and tax free childcare vouchers.

NECESSARY TECHNICAL AND PRACTICAL SKILLS
* Strong HTML / CSS / Javascript
* Strong OOP MVC PHP
* Strong SQL (MySQL required, Postgres advantageous)
* Good regular expressions skills
* Good level of familiarity with at least one SCM system (Git experience preferred)
* Basic Linux sysadmin skills (Apache / MySQL config, package management, building from source etc)
* Decent Photoshop skills - candidates will be experienced turning rich visual designs into accessible and standards-compliant front end code
* Basic Flash / Actionscript skills advantageous
* Mac / Linux-based developers preferred

OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 4 years agency experience
* Experience with writing proposals, contributing to quotes and costings and estimating timescales
* Comfortable with writing technical and functional specifications, including wireframes
* Great communication skills
* Demonstrable understanding of user-friendly interfaces
* Obsessive attention to detail

Apply for this vacancy via JobSite:
http://www.jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.pl?selection=931866975&src=search

YOU MUST BE A CURRENT UK RESIDENT AND HAVE THE PERMANENT RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK. Fluency in English is essential. Only successful applicants will be contacted.

Let me know any questions!

Tom
--
Tom Jordan
Managing Director

020 7655 6542
07967 012990
tom at acknowledgement.co.uk
http://www.acknowledgement.co.uk

Acknowledgement Ltd, 11-29 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX

Switchboard: 020 7655 6555
Fax: 020 7655 6569

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Acknowledgement Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Company Number 04675294. Registered office as above.

Something we built: http://www.virginmedia.com/music/vfestival/picturefinder/