[linuxjobs] Linux Support Engineer vacancy at Red Hat (Farnborough)

Timothy Marston tmarston at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 08:46:49 UTC 2009

Work at Red Hat!

Linux Technical Support Engineer
Location: Farnborough, UK

  Working in the EMEA Global Support Services team, our Linux Technical
Support Engineers are the back-bone of Red Hat's service offering to our
enterprise customers in the region. You will have responsibility for
resolving issues escalated by customers using Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(RHEL), and where appropriate you will coordinate internal resources to
provide solutions.

  This is a great opportunity to build a technical Linux career, and not
only will we provide you with a solid career path, but also industry
leading training to enable you to gain RHCE (and even RHCA) status.

Requirements
- Technical or scientific degree
- Commercial experience of Linux or Unix, ideally in a support capacity
- Basic knowledge of network services (for example Apache, Bind, Samba,
NFS, SSH)
- Basic exposure to databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, mysql, etc.)
- Some exposure to TCP/IP Networking
- Strong interest in Open Source Technologies (Some participation in
Open Source Projects would be desirable)

Company Profile
  What began as a better way to build software - openness, transparency,
collaboration - soon shifted the balance of power in an entire industry.
Today Red Hat's technology drives some of the world's largest
enterprises - environments in which infrastructure stability means
business survival.

  Our continued success is proof of the power of the open source
development model. At Red Hat, we pride ourselves on collaboration,
openness, and the intrinsic value derived from people of different
perspectives uniting and working together towards a common goal.

  It all starts with our employees.

--
Tim Marston
Senior Recruiter, EMEA
e: tmarston at redhat.com

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons
(USA) and Brendan Lane (Ireland).