[linuxjobs] Central London - Software Developer

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:28:01 UTC 2009

Hello,

	We have a vacancy at the Centre for e-Research at King's
	College London for a Software Developer.

	A brief summary of the job:

	Work: The Centre for e-Research at King's College London is
	      seeking to appoint a Software Developer to work on the
	      OCRopodium project, a JISC-funded project investigating
	      the use of the open source OCRopus software
	      (http://sites.google.com/site/ocropus/) for applying
	      Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to historical and
	      archival material.

	Experience: OCRopus, which is written in C++, is very much an
		    actively growing open source project; consequently
		    it cannot be assumed that the documentation will be
		    comprehensive or accurate. The post holder will thus
		    require excellent C++ or C programming and problem
		    solving skills, and must feel at ease working in a
		    Linux/Unix programming environment.

	Location: Central London (Drury Lane)

	Period: 18 months

	Salary: Salary will be within the Grade 6 scale, currently
		£32,917 - £38,855 per annum inclusive of London Allowance
		(depending on skills and experience).

	Please see
	http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/pertra/vacancy/external/pers_detail.php?jobindex=8277 for more details and how to apply.

	Email me if you have any questions or need more information.

regards,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer
Systems Manager			/ Centre for E-Research