[linuxjobs] Linux System Administrator Job in Oxford

John Kennedy skebi69 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:26:22 UTC 2009

All,
For personal reasons I have had to leave my current position in Oxford to move
back to the U.S.

My company is now looking for a Linux System Administrator living in the
Oxford area. The pay is £30,000 to £40,000 plus on call allowance (on call
about 1 in 4 weeks)

You need to have a good grasp of backups (using Bacula) and Xen
virtualisation.

You will also need good hardware knowledge since the company will be moving
offices in the New Year and have some older machines to move.

Most of the systems are running Debian (3, 4, and a couple 5's) with some Red
Hat, openSUSE (for the Xen boxes), and a bit of Mandrake (installed before
Mandriva). There is a good mix of old and new systems to keep anyone
entertained.

You would be working for one of the best bosses I have worked for. He is
pretty technical and is not afraid to help out when necessary without micro
managing or getting in the way.

The company is a great one to work for and has a real family feel to it. I
have truly enjoyed my time there and am upset to have to leave. I would
recommend the job, company and bosses to anyone I know (which, unfortunately,
does not include a Sys Admin living near Oxford).

If anyone is interested, email me your CV off list and I will pass it on.

John Kennedy