[linuxjobs] Linux Dev - Staffordshire

Nick Riley nick at navaho.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 11:05:51 UTC 2010

We're seeking a developer to work with our dynamic networking & internet
team.
  We've grown significantly over the last few years and are now looking
for someone who can fill a development position.
  You'll be working on a number of projects including development of our
own applications, you should have a good knowledge and understanding of
internet protocols and servers such as SMTP servers and proxy servers,
you'll also be expected to work with the support department fixing bugs
and you may have some support issues escalated to you by the 2nd & 3rd
line support teams.
you should have a good knowledge of iptables and some knowledge of ipv6
and ip6tables, your job will involve troubleshooting and fixing problems
in C, so a good knowledge of C is essential (a portfolio of patches or
code would be a bonus). You'll be familiar with building and customising
RPMs (CentOS & Fedora are our chosen O/S);
Desirable but not essential skills include experience with ipsec based
VPNs and IPv4 routing in addition to both bash and php scripting.

You will be based in our Stafford office although you may need to
frequently travel to our Brockenhurst office for meetings with other
departments, you'll need to work efficiently on your own but will be
expected to frequently liase with our support team.

Graduates and University leavers would be considered depending on skills
and experience.

email CV and covering letter to jobs at stafford.navaho.co.uk
(no agencies please).

---
This message has been scanned by the Navaho Mail Service and is believed to be clean.
---