[linuxjobs] Systems operations manager @ music tech start-up. London

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue Jun 8 14:37:50 UTC 2010

----- Forwarded message from Gregory Mead <greg at musicmetric.com> -----

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:55:48 +0100
From: Gregory Mead <greg at musicmetric.com>

Systems operations manager position at rapidly expanding  music tech
start-up.  Musicmetric is a cutting edge technology company
providing analytics to the music industry.  We collect vast
quantities of raw data from the Internet, then analyse and present
actionable knowledge to our customers. Our offices are based in the
Old Street area of London.

We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will form a core
part of the technical team.  The right candidate will show ambition,
initiative and be willing to get their hands dirty to get things
done.

Musicmetric maintains its own compute infrastructure, and you will
be in charge of maintaining and overseeing the immediate expansion
of these systems. The majority of our infrastructure runs using
Linux, so candidates should be very comfortable remote configuring
machines via ssh/vi, as well as hands-on machine setup in the
datacentre.

The role will also involve some programming projects and research &
development work.

NB: This role does not involve any Windows Server admin.

Required experience or skills:
- Relevant (good) engineering or science degree
- Highly proficient in Linux, Apache, MySQL and any
scripting/object-oriented languages
(but not Perl, we hate Perl)
- Datacentre automation and monitoring tools
- Scripting and documenting processes
- Proven experience in the field
- Good knowledge and keen interest in new and emerging technologies
(hardware and software)

Additional experience/skills that would be advantageous:
- Cisco IOS
- Solaris/OpenSolaris
- Skilled Python programmer
- Table football skills

Salary £30,000 - £35,000 p/a + benefits

Applicants should include a CV and covering letter detailing their previous
experience in these areas.
Please contact greg at musicmetric.com

Applicants will be contacted back within 4 weeks.

*No agencies, please.*