[linuxjobs] Development jobs in Manchester

Alan Burlison alan.burlison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:39:24 UTC 2010

I have three jobs in Manchester that I'm looking to fill, here is the synopsis:

----------
The Bleaklow project is responsible for evolving Solaris operating
system commands and libraries with a focus on compatibility with
Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL).  The goal is to provide an up-to-date
system experience for Solaris and Oracle users, developers and
sysadmins who are already familiar with modern Unix-like user commands
and libraries. The focus of the work will be on enhancing existing
commands and libraries: to provide additional key user tools and
software stacks that preserve Solaris value-add functionality and
improve open source compatibility, to provide same or better
performance as that found in the current Solaris product, and to
support binary compatibility for most Solaris applications.
----------

The full details can be found here:

http://emeajobs.oracle.com/pls/webdep_www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=582&p_web_page_id=75780
http://emeajobs.oracle.com/pls/webdep_www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=582&p_web_page_id=75769

A little more detail: I'm the "Lead Engineer" mentioned in the job
specs.  The jobs will initially be based in Oracle's office in Cheadle
until we get the team up and running, after that you'll be free to
work from either home or the office as you prefer.  You'll be working
in a distributed organisation with people spread across the globe, the
Manchester contingent will meet probably once a week in the office to
sync up and plan etc.  That means that being within a reasonable
commute of Manchester is a prerequisite.

If you are interested, please apply via the website so you get into
the system, but it would be great if you could send me a copy of CV as
well, to speed things up.

If you have any questions, feel free to mail me.

Thanks,

--
Alan Burlison