[linuxjobs] Start-up DevOps Sysadmin Guru - Covent Garden

Tom Allen tom at randominter.net
Mon Dec 5 00:48:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are looking for someone to join us in my team at zeebox, an exciting
media start up in Covent Garden. You can contact us direct jobs at zeebox.com

Thanks,

Tom Allen
Infra Engineer
zeebox

*Job Description *

Do you want to work at one of the hottest startups in London, working on
site reliability and systems automation, helping us transform the way
people watch TV?

*A bit about us*
Founded in April 2011 and based in Covent Garden, London, zeebox
<http://zeebox.com/> is a 28 person team including many from BBC iPlayer
and EMI. In October we launched with a fantastic iPad app and website
receiving rave reviews (e.g. T3
<http://best-apps.t3.com/apps/ipad/entertainment/free/zeebox/>, Stuff
<http://www.stuff.tv/news/apps-and-games/news-nugget/zeebox-app-tags-tv-as-you-watch>,
Huffington Post
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2011/10/27/zeebox-the-future-of-tv-i_n_1034402.html>,
and Reuters
<http://uk.reuters.com/video/2011/11/01/zeebox-aims-to-be-facebook-of-tv?videoId=224117852&videoChannel=78>,
to name but a few). We're now working on an iPhone version and other
exciting developments.

Tech-wise, it's the (un)usual alphabet soup of buzzwords including, AWS,
Boto, Cassandra, Django,  Git, Go, Graphite, Linux, Nginx, node.js,
Puppet, Python, PHP, Redis, Scala, Tomcat and Varnish. We try to live by
Agile and DevOps principles.

*A bit about you*

  * You have been running LAMP servers for a long time, and not just at
    work.
  * You have a pretty serious home network.
  * You are the go-to person at work and among your friends for a wide
    range of esoteric technical subjects.
  * Not using Puppet or Chef for configuration management is just too
    old skool. Been there, done that, not going back.
  * You're not just a dab hand with bash or zsh, you have also built
    some non-trivial automation with Python or Ruby.
  * You have experience of web scale, have been burnt, and lived to tell
    the tale.
  * You like working closely with developers, you were doing Devops
    before it had a name.
  * You are passionate about building a high availability, high
    scalability, 2.0 web platform.

*A bit about the role*

It's a varied mix of:

  * keeping our online services available 24×7
  * developing automation (mostly in Python and Puppet) for code
    deployment and infrastructure management
  * working closely with developers to build high scalability, high
    availability services

    How to Apply

*Think you've got what it takes?*

Send your CV to jobs at zeebox.com