[linuxjobs] Senior Software Engineer / Portal Architect positions available at Perceptive Informatics, Birmingham

Gareth Western gareth at garethwestern.com
Tue May 24 09:47:33 UTC 2011

Perceptive Informatics is the industry's leading eClinical solutions
provider and we help our customers accelerate the drug development process
through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge
technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As
the technology subsidiary of PAREXEL International Corporation we're able to
leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's
wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.

We are looking for an intelligent and innovative Senior Software Engineer
and a Portal Architect (2 separate roles) to help build our eClinical
foundation products and applications. You will play a contributing role in a
core team responsible for the development, integration, and successful
delivery of the eClinical Portal with other foundational products such as
enterprise reporting, centralized identity management and integration
middle-ware.
*
*
*Technology*

You will have extensive experience of designing and developing software
applications, using several of the following technologies:

   - Java/J2EE, JSF, Hibernate JPA, AJAX
   - Struts/Spring/JSF/EJB/DWR/Apache Axis/Metro
   - IBM WebSphere Portal or other Java/J2EE based Portal applications
   - Web-services eg. WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.
   - Application build procedures and build tools such as Apache Ant, Maven
   - CVS/SVN or similar source control system
   - RDBMS experience with Oracle 9i/10g/MS-SQL Server
   - XML/XSL
   - Object Oriented design & development using one or more of the industry
   leading UML tools
   - Oracle/IBM/CA/Novell and/or single-sign-on products
   - Application servers/servlet containers eg. JBoss, Tomcat, Resin,
   WebSphere Application Server
   - WebFocus, Business Objects/Crystal Reports, COGNOS etc

*Skills & Experience*

   - BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
   - Experience with deploying and managing applications on the Linux
   operating system (we use Ubuntu on our dev machines and RHEL on our
   servers).
   - Commercial web application development experience
   - Experience interfacing with large scale database projects is a must.
   - Demonstrated experience in leveraging design patterns within a software
   project, developing and enforcing the agreed-upon software architecture.
   - Ability to learn new programming languages/constructs quickly.
   - Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and
   adapt quickly to changes. Prioritize daily activities to accomplish
   assignments.
   - Experience and familiarity with Agile Delivery Methodology and Scrum an
   advantage
   - Self-motivated problem solver
   - Willingness to develop domain expertise
   - Excellent written and oral communication skills
   - Consulting/VAR experience

*Further details (including responsibilities)*

   - Portal Architect<http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=206&ji=2542417&sn=I>
   - Senior Software
Engineer<http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=206&ji=2542424&sn=I>

The positions are only open to people who can presently work in the UK and
are able to commute to central Birmingham (our office is located right next
to New Street station).

To apply for either of these positions please submit your CV online, or
email me directly (gareth.western at perceptive.com).

Please do not hesitate to get in touch directly if you have any further
questions regarding either role, but I am not involved in HR and do not have
much more information on the roles other than what's mentioned above (and in
the links). No recruiters please!

Kind Regards,

Gareth