[linuxjobs] Administrivia: replies to job postings

Oliver Howe ojhowe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:16:19 UTC 2011

I think he has a point (sorry about top posting - my phone won't let me
put it at the end). From: Darren Austin
Sent: 18 November 2011 19:18
To: linuxjobs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [linuxjobs] Administrivia: replies to job postings
Sorry to post this to the main list, but i've just seen another post about
"off topic" messages; and if people on this particular list are the ones
whineing about job posts, then it's the relevant place to post it.

A contract job is a JOB.  A perm job is a JOB.
Get the point?

As someone looking for work, i'll consider contract or perm jobs in order to
pay my mortgage.  Perhaps for those up on their high horses (who probably
already have full time jobs) it may be a little different; but some of us
need to find work in order to survive.

If you cannot handle half-dozen *at most* "off topic" posts per week (PER
WEEK for Christs sake!) you may see on this list, then unsubscrbe.

Don't think for one second that you have the right to limit the type of job
opportunities *I* care about seeing on this (very helpful an low traffic)
mailing list, just because you don't happen to like a particular "type" of
job offering or the way it's gone about being advertised.  Simply put: get
your head out of your arse.

For the love of $DEITY, can this bitching about "off topic" and "it's an
agency" gubbins now stop?  You know how to unsubscribe if you don't like it
- vote with your feet, not your mouth.

Darren (who is getting very bored of seeing this topic on the list).

--
Y2K isn't until 2048.
1K = 1024, right?